The Mauritius Islands are a small group of islands located in the Indian Ocean very close to the coasts of Reunion Island and the African coast of Madagascar. They have many tourist attractions worth visiting, in addition to natural landscapes that provide some unusual prints, perfect for any audiovisual project.
The islands have been in the possession of the Arabs, the Europeans (Dutch, French and British) and are, since 1968 independent. Mauritius is formed by successive volcanic eruptions, which began about nine million years ago. A piece of paradise in the Indian Ocean with white sand beaches, turquoise waters and a tropical climate.
Port Louis and Botanical Garden Sir Seewoosagur Ramgoolam
In this city, the capital, you will find different tourist stops such as Place D’Armes, which is located in the historic centre, there you can see the Statue of Mahé de la Borudonnais, one of the founders of the Mauritius Islands.
A few kilometers from the capital is the Sir Seewoosagur Ramgoolam Botanical Garden where a great variety of exotic plants from all over the world surely will surprise you. Two exceptional locations for your audiovisual production or photographic shooting.
Le Morne Brabant
Declared a World Heritage Site by UNESCO since July 2008, Le Morne Brabant is one of the most beautiful mountains in Mauritius. As a backdrop and also from its summit, the views you will get for your audiovisual project will be spectacular.
Temples of the Grand Bassin
Near a lake formed at the bottom of an old crater appear a large statue of Shiva and several temples to which the Hindus come to make their offerings with their elegant and colorful saris and suits, standing in the water up to their knees. A great chromatic diversity for your photographic shooting or audiovisual production.
Land of the seven colors
In the middle of an area of forest the terrain changes abruptly to become a blanket of colored “dunes”, ranging from brown to tan, pink, orange, and other undefinable shades, in a surprising symphony of colors, which may be the center of your next audiovisual project. The landscape is the result of the erosion of the basalt soil. The mineral components and the rain, together with the warm climate favor the decomposition of clay in the open sky.
The Chamarel waterfall is a fall of about 100 meters high framed in a paradisiacal green environment. There is a signposted path to go down to it to get the perspective that best suits the needs of your photographic shooting or audiovisual production. This wonder increases its flow in the months between December and March.
Reserve of Mascareñas
In this nature reserve you will see giant tortoises of more than 200 years of age and you will have the chance to touch one of the longest living animals in the world in your audiovisual project.
Belle Mare Beach
A coast with 100% white sand, totally clear and shallow waters that has become one of the main attractions of this country. Here you can take snapshots and plans for your photographic shooting or audiovisual production.
Le Mornet Brabant Beach
This small beach, quite cozy and quite windy, is perfect for sports such as windsurfing, surfing etc … In addition to its beautiful views of the sea, you can see, if you turn around, a beautiful natural setting, full of vegetation and autochthonous wildlife, that will be the envy of your audiovisual project.
Flic Flac Beach
Being a little more different from what you can find in an African country, this beach is characterized by the gold of its sand, the palm trees that hang just behind it and the tranquility. You will enjoy it in your audiovisual production or photographic shooting.
Island of the Deer
It is a mini island, east of Mauritius, with mythical white sand beaches, photogenic coconut trees and crystal clear water. The area is great for your audiovisual project in which you can do aquatic-aerial activities such as “parasiling”, with which you can contemplate the landscape from above.
IF YOU LIKED THIS COMPILATION OF LOCATIONS OF Mauritius AND YOU WANT TO KNOW MORE ABOUT REMOTE DESTINATIONS LIKE THESE FOR YOUR AUDIOVISUAL PRODUCTIONS OR PHOTOGRAPHIC SHOOTINGS, CONTACT US NOW.
- Portada – https://www.urlaubstracker.de/mauritius-combo-blue-sky/
- Port Louis – https://www.telegraph.co.uk/travel/destinations/africa/mauritius/articles/mauritius-attractions/
- Sir Seewoosagur Ramgoolam – http://www.eastcapemauritius.com/ssr-botanical-garden/
- Le Morne Brabant – https://www.atlasandboots.com/hiking-le-morne-brabant-mauritius/
- Grand Bassin – http://travelspalifestyle.com/blog-post/isla-mauricio-la-joya-del-%C3%ADndico
- 7 Colors – http://www.travelomauritius.com/destinations/chamarel/#.WrJxOJPwZTY
- Chamarel – https://theschrome.deviantart.com/art/Chamarel-Waterfall-Mauritius-442889222
- Mascareñas – https://www.viajes.carrefour.es/blog/una-luna-de-miel-isla-mauricio-sera-una-experiencia-que-nunca-olvidareis-este-pais-isleno-tiene-todos-los-atractivos-para-vuestro-disfrute/
- Belle Mare Beach – https://www.audleytravel.com/mauritius/accommodation/constance-belle-mare-plage
- Le Mornet Brabant Beach – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A6Ye3bAR1tY
- Flic Flac Beach – https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Flic_en_Flac_beach,_Mauritius.jpg
- Island of the Deer – http://insolitviatges.com/viaje/isla-mauricio-el-para-so-en-el-ndico